This page is a list of all the unnamed/background characters who die throughout the course of the first Mortal Kombat film.
- After the combatants arrive at Shang Tsung's island, they are given a demonstration of the battles to come as one of Tsung's guards takes on Sub-Zero. As the guard charges Sub-Zero, the ninja throws an ice blast at the guard and freezes him as he leaps. The frozen guard shatters to pieces when he hits the floor.
- Liu Kang, Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade battle against several guards after they are caught spying on Shang Tsung. It is unclear how many are actually killed, if any at all.
- For the first battle of the tournament, Liu Kang fights against a black-skinned warrior monk. Kang defeats the monk, who then has his soul consumed by Shang Tsung.
- During Liu Kang's final battle with Shang Tsung, Shang uses his magic to ressurrect five dead warriors and pit them against Liu. Liu manages to defeat all of them.
- Upon Shang Tsung's death, all of the souls he had stolen over the course of his life are released and ascend to the heavens in a column of light.